Monday, February 4, 2008

Re: DBus OOM handling

I didn't find a way to comment on Havoc's insights on OOM error handling, so I'm posting here.

Havoc, thanks for your first hand experience on the topic! A 30-40% increase in lines of code is insane, but not far from what I expected. The fact that you discovered that most of your original OOM handling code was broken was also not a surprise (and I don't mean to suggest that your code is sub-par, but rather that it's not easy to get right unless you have test cases for each code path).

I'll have to check out the code when my eyes are a bit less strained (to the point where they are beginning to tear up), I'm am now very interested!

No comments:

Code Snippet Licensing

All code posted to this blog is licensed under the MIT/X11 license unless otherwise stated in the post itself.