Sunday, February 8, 2009

Alleyoop 0.9.4 released

It's been ages since the last release of Alleyoop, but an update has finally arrived. I've just fixed up Alleyoop to build on openSUSE 11.1 (some libbfd stuff has changed, apparently) and so I've dropped the need for libbfd and libiberty completely. The code that used those libraries didn't really gain us any extra information that Valgrind wasn't already giving us anyway, so it as rather pointless.

It looks like a year and a half or so ago I fixed some parser bugs too and just never made a new release with those fixes.

So now Freedom Lovers who prefer a GUI can once again Valgrind their applications 'til their heart is content.

You can download the new Alleyoop 0.9.4 package here.

Oh, also, if there are any bored web developers out there, I'd appreciate it if someone could make a less-ugly website than what is currently at http://alleyoop.sourceforge.net. In case you couldn't tell, I'm horrible at website design.

As another fabulous example of my webdesign prowess, take a gander at GMime's website. So yea, that site could also use a make-over.

Update: Thanks to Akos Kemives for his improved website design for Alleyoop!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Didn't know about this software. Any one-click link out there to install in opensuse? :)

Jeffrey Stedfast said...

unfortunately, no, but maybe I'll try to figure out how to do that and make a package or something.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to help out on the website

Jeffrey Stedfast said...

Vadi: awesome! If you have a sourceforge account I could probably hook you up with access if you want. Or just email me a tarball of whatever you come up with, whatever works best for ya :)

Anonymous said...

I was looking at this few weeks back but was not able to get it compiled.

Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

I think the website look can be improved.

My id is this: http://sourceforge.net/users/vadi1/

Jeffrey Stedfast said...

it's been a while since I last used the SourceForge admin fu, but I think I've correctly added you to the project with the ability to modify the website now.

Feel free to hack away at the website in any way that you want ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ok, done something. Site could use improvements but at least it's ok to look at.

The theme used in the screenshot though is quite horrible (screenshots are supposed to attract, not scare away) but I couldn't quite get it to work to take a good one :\

Jeffrey Stedfast said...

haha, yea, that screenshot was taken back in like 2001 or something.

Code Snippet Licensing

All code posted to this blog is licensed under the MIT/X11 license unless otherwise stated in the post itself.