Monday, April 2, 2007

Another One Bites the Dust

Woke up this morning, went to get some breakfast in the kitchen and then heard this really odd whirring sound. At first I thought it was coming from outside, but as I started moving toward my window I passed by my desk and could definitely tell it was coming from my laptop. Sure enough, my laptop's hard drive was the culprit, so I immediately turned the computer off in the hope that I might be able to save my data later if I shut it down soon enough.

I've known I was going to need a new laptop sometime this year for a while (it's over 3 years old now), but I was hoping that I'd have gotten a new laptop before this one died so suddenly so that I could avoid losing all my data. Oh well...

Now I gotta make up my mind, do I want to go for a Lenovo T60 (my current one was a an IBM T40)? Or do I want to try a Macbook?

Post a Comment

Code Snippet Licensing

All code posted to this blog is licensed under the MIT/X11 license unless otherwise stated in the post itself.